Hot Topics in Employment Law
Although it can be said that employment law is constantly changing, 2017 was a particularly big year. The Oregon Legislature enacted several significant new laws with broad impact. The National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) appears to be moving in a new more employer-friendly direction. Immigration issues remain at the forefront, with recent ICE raids and a renewed focus on I-9 audits. The tax reform law even includes new impacts on HR. Most significant of all, sexual harassment issues dominated the news, with notable impacts at the highest levels.
Please join us to discuss these developing issues. Topics will include:
- Significant Oregon Developments for 2018
- Pay Equity
- Manufacturing Overtime & Maximum Hours
- Predictive Scheduling
- Recap of 2018 Oregon Legislative Session
- Shifting NLRB Scrutiny over Employer Work Rules
- New Tax Reform Limitations on Sexual Harassment Settlements
- Stepped Up Immigration Enforcement and I-9 Compliance
- Sexual Harassment & #MeToo – Recommended Policies and Practices to Minimize Liability
DATE & TIME: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 – 7:15 am-8:30 am
COST: Free for Clients and Friends of the Firm
LOCATION: Saalfeld Griggs Business Lawyers, Park Place – 2nd Floor – 250 Church Street SE, Salem, Oregon
THE SAALFELD GRIGGS EMPLOYMENT LAW & LITIGATION TEAM:
Randall Sutton, J.D. David Briggs, J.D.
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions, please contact Kayla Franz at 503.399.1070. Space is limited.