Daniel Reynolds is a partner in the firm’s Litigation and Construction Groups. He advises clients in all stages of commercial litigation, from pre-dispute to appeals. His practice focuses on complex business litigation, including contract claims, real property disputes, shareholder and derivative actions, and trust and probate matters. Some of his recent experience includes:
- Represented a real estate developer in a lawsuit that threatened a multi-million dollar project (client’s trial court victory was affirmed on appeal);
- In an arbitration, obtained a favorable award for a contractor that was not paid for construction work and successfully defended the client from counterclaims for lost profits;
- Obtained favorable settlement for real estate developer in multi-party construction dispute involving claims for construction defects, delay damages, and lien foreclosure;
- Defended client from contract and tort claims brought by a former business partner, culminating in a complete victory after a multi-day jury trial;
- Obtained withdrawal of government disciplinary action against health care provider;
- Negotiated favorable resolution of a case brought by BOLI against subcontractor for alleged violation of Prevailing Wage Rate laws;
- Successfully defended an appeal brought by a trust beneficiary against a trustee after the beneficiary’s claims were dismissed by the trial court;
- Represented landowner in litigation over disputed easements, resulting in the preservation of client’s access rights; and
- In a derivative action, obtained a million-dollar judgment against an LLC member who mismanaged company assets.
Litigation can be an unpleasant experience. Daniel enjoys helping clients overcome their legal obstacles so they can focus on their personal and business pursuits. In all his cases, Daniel finds creative and cost-effective ways to achieve his client’s objectives.
In addition to his litigation practice, Daniel leads the firm’s Construction Industry Group. He represents stakeholders across the industry in all aspects of construction, design, and supply contracting on both public and private projects. His experience includes advising owners, design professionals, contractors, and suppliers on both commercial and residential projects.
- J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, 2015
- B.A., Trinity Western University, 2010
- U.S. District Court of Oregon
Daniel values community involvement and believes lawyers should strive to be local leaders. Daniel currently serves as a member of the Boys & Girls Club of Salem Marion and Polk Counties’ Board of Directors. Previously, he served on the Associate Board of Directors for the American Cancer Society (Oregon) and he currently volunteers with several local non-profits. Daniel is also an active member of the Marion County Bar Association and the Willamette Valley American Inn of Court.
Off the Job
Outside of the office, you may find Daniel hobbling around a basketball court or looking for his lost golf ball. In their spare time, Daniel and his wife enjoy getaways where they can experience beaches (her), roller coasters (him), or unique destinations. Dessert is Daniel’s favorite meal of the day. He often prefers to watch the movie than read the book.