Daniel Reynolds advises clients in all stages of commercial litigation, from pre-dispute to appeals. His practice focuses on complex business litigation, including real property disputes, shareholder and derivative actions, trust and probate matters, and contract claims. Some of his recent experience includes:
- Represented a real estate developer in a lawsuit that threatened multi-million dollar project (client’s trial court victory was affirmed on appeal);
- In an arbitration, obtained a favorable award for an unpaid construction project and successfully defended the client from counterclaims for lost profits;
- Obtained dismissal of real estate broker from arbitration involving claims of misrepresentation and fraud brought by the buyer of commercial property;
- Negotiated favorable settlement on behalf of trust beneficiaries in a lawsuit involving a $3 million estate;
- Defended client from contract and tort claims brought by former business partner, culminating in a complete victory after a multi-day jury trial;
- Obtained withdrawal of government disciplinary action against health care provider; and
- In a derivative action, obtained a million-dollar judgment against LLC member who mismanaged company assets.
Litigation can be an unpleasant experience. Daniel enjoys helping clients overcome their legal obstacles so they can focus on their personal and business pursuits. In all his cases, Daniel finds creative and cost-effective ways to achieve his client’s objectives.
Daniel values community involvement and believes lawyers should strive to be local leaders. Daniel currently serves as a member of the Boys & Girls Club of Salem Marion and Polk Counties’ Board of Directors. He recently served on the Associate Board of Directors for the American Cancer Society (Oregon) and currently volunteers with several local non-profits. Daniel is also an active member of the Marion County Bar Association and the Willamette Valley American Inn of Court.
- J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, 2015
- B.A., Trinity Western University, 2010
- U.S. District Court of Oregon
- Marion County Bar Association, Member
- Oregon State Bar, Construction and Litigation sections, Member
- Willamette Valley Chapter of the American Inn of Court, Member
Off the Job
Outside of the office, you will often find Daniel hobbling around a basketball court or looking for his lost golf ball. In their spare time, Daniel and his wife enjoy getaways to wineries (her) and roller coasters (him). Dessert is Daniel’s favorite meal of the day. He often prefers to watch the movie than read the book.