Jennifer is a Partner in the firm’s business litigation practice. She focuses her practice on two main areas: Real Property Litigation and Condemnation; and Employment Litigation and Advice.
Real Property Litigation and Condemnation
Jennifer represents owners in real property actions, including, lease disputes, adverse possession or prescriptive easement actions, reformation claims, actions to quiet title or proceedings in eminent domain. Jennifer has experience with condemnation actions and can provide guidance to clients in a direct taking of private property by the government or where “inverse condemnation” occurs (when the government denies that it has taken private property).
Employment Litigation and Advice
Jennifer assists employers with defending employment-related claims including, retaliation, discrimination, wrongful discharge, and charges of wage and hour violations. Jennifer also conducts work-place investigations on behalf of employers. Additionally, Jennifer works with business owners, managers, and HR professionals, to ensure compliance with changes in the law.
Jennifer is passionate about the practice of law because she enjoys the challenge of taking on complex cases or facts and finding the right resolution for the client.
Jennifer graduated from the University of Oregon, Robert D. Clark Honors College, Magna Cum Laude, with a Bachelor’s in Public Relations. She attended law school at Willamette University College of Law. Jennifer has been an Oregon Super Lawyers, Rising Star from 2014-2018. Jennifer is active in the community, serving on the Blanchet Catholic School Board and the Salem Catholic School’s Foundation Board. She is also involved with the Oregon Women Lawyers, Salem area, Mary Leonard chapter.
Willamette University College of Law
J.D., cum laude, 2010
University of Oregon, Robert D. Clark Honors College
B.S., Public Relations, magna cum laude, 2007
- Oregon Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2014-2017
- Marion County Bar Association, Member
- Salem Human Resource Management Association (SHRMA)- Former Board Member, Legislative Affairs Director
- Marion County Circuit Court Dispute Resolution Committee, Defense Bar (alternate)
- Willamette Valley Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Member, Ex Officio Board Member
- Oregon Women Lawyers, Mary Leonard Law Society Chapter, Member
- Willamette Valley Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Member, Former Ex Officio Board Member
- Blanchet Catholic School, Board Member, Policy Committee
- Salem Catholic Schools’ Foundation, Board Member, Allocations Committee
- Salem Area Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals, Member
- 2013 Distinguished Graduate, Queen of Peace School
Off The Job
Jennifer grew up in Salem, Oregon, and is thrilled to be practicing law in her home town. Jennifer enjoys participating in her book club and being an active member of the Courthouse Athletic Club. Jennifer is the proud owner of a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever and loves to explore the outdoors with her dog. Jennifer also enjoys playing the flute with the Salem Pops Orchestra.