David spends much of his day helping clients work through problems. Some clients believe that he is there as much for therapy as legal advice. A typical day could include discussing leave law issues, responding to a BOLI complaint, drafting employment agreements, or litigating a business dispute.
In law school, David worked in litigation and loved defending businesses and individuals against frivolous claims. David now enjoys helping clients work through difficult issues, whether those are complex employment law issues or defending businesses in litigation.
David is involved in the community and serves on the Boards for Legacy Silverton Health and SEDCOR. He’s also served on the boards for the Salem Human Resource Management Association, the Oregon State Council, and the Marion County Bar Association.
University of Oregon School of Law
B.A., Political Science & American History, 2001
- Marion County Bar Association, President (2014)
- SHRM Oregon State Counsel, Former Oregon State Legislative Affairs Director
- Salem Chapter of SHRM, Former Legislative Affairs Director
- Willamette Valley Inns of Court, Member
- SEDCOR, Board of Directors, Member
- Legacy Silverton Medical Center — Board of Directors
Off the Job
As a transplant from the Washington, DC area, David has loved the move to the Mid-Valley. He and his wife Melissa met in law school (go Ducks!) and settled in her hometown of Silverton. Together they’re raising five very active kids. In his spare time, David likes to… oh wait, did he mention the five kids? Never mind, he doesn’t have any spare time.