Northwest wineries and craft breweries and cideries have great traditions of innovation, and these industries continue to enjoy growth. Our team of attorneys helps clients navigate the legal landscape of wine, beer, and cider law– from start up through a sale or generational transfer. Our Industry Team lives and works in the Mid-Willamette Valley, home to prime vineyard land, skilled winemakers, and numerous award-winning breweries and cideries.
We help provide counsel to our clients in the following areas of wine, beer, and cider law:
- Entity Selection, Formation and Maintenance
- Trademark Registration and Protection
- State and Federal Regulatory Compliance
- Contract Negotiation and Documentation
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Family Succession Planning
- Real Estate Acquisitions, Sales and Leasing
- Land Use
- Creditors’ Rights
- Labor and Employment
- Tax Planning and Litigation
For people who are starting a cider business, please check out our toolkit to guide you to information about forming a company, obtaining an OLCC license, and understanding reporting and regulations.