Saalfeld Griggs is looking to hire a full-time legal assistant to join our Business and Taxation Group. Our Business Group represents clients in simple to complex business transactions, including formation, mergers, acquisitions and sales, and contract review and negotiation. We also act as general counsel to businesses in a variety of industries and non-profit organizations. Starting hourly wage is commensurate with experience.
In this role, you will:
- Keep cases organized and monitor calendars and deadlines
- Input information in our document management databases
- Review and confirm case status with your team members
- Gather and review information from clients
- Interact with governmental agencies
- Track status and generate necessary reports
- Prepare and draft various documents for attorney review
- Communicate effectively and professionally with coworkers and clients
- Work both independently and collaboratively with other team members
Required skills and experience:
- No prior legal experience necessary
- At least 3 years of office experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe
- Knowledge of document management and timekeeping programs preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Reliable and predictable attendance and performance of the essential job functions
Saalfeld Griggs has the sophisticated clientele of a large law firm with the individual attention and value of a small business. We highly value our clients and strive to deliver the best services to them. The goal of the firm is to learn about each client’s business, understand their needs and goals, and efficiently develop a practical and cost-effective legal strategy. Although our workplace is fast-paced, our focus is always on the quality of work that we deliver to our clients.
What we provide:
- Paid time off
- Competitive benefits package (Health, dental, vision, disability, life)
- Free parking in downtown Salem
Enjoy lunchtime walks around the Capitol building, Willamette University, or one of the many nearby parks. Take a break and head to Starbucks across the street or visit any of the downtown restaurants just a five-minute walk away. Within our own building, we make sure our break rooms are always stocked with snacks, coffee, tea, and soda. Our team looks for any reason to celebrate with a party or social hour, and we are full defenders of casual Fridays.
Please consider joining our team by submitting a resume and cover letter detailing your interest and experience to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. See www.sglaw.com for more information about our firm.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 per hour