Saalfeld Griggs is looking to hire a full-time legal assistant to join our firm. On our team, you will be given opportunities for client contact and responsibility over cases upon starting. Together with a support network of other staff and attorneys available to help you succeed and feel confident, you will begin developing and tracking case information to assist attorneys in their work. Our ideal candidate is organized, motivated, and can communicate well with others on the team and with our clients. Starting hourly wage is commensurate with experience.
In this role, you will:
- Keep cases organized and monitor calendars and deadlines
- Input information in our document management databases
- Review and confirm case status with your attorney
- Develop cases by maintaining contact with clients and others involved in the matter
- Gather and review information from clients
- Track status and generate necessary reports
- Prepare and draft case documents for attorney review
- Have excellent attention to detail, typing, grammar, spelling, and organizational skills
- Communicate effectively and professionally with coworkers and clients
- Work both independently and collaboratively with other team members
- Have reliable and predictable attendance and performance of the essential job functions
Required skills and experience:
- At least 3 years of legal assistant or paralegal experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of document management and timekeeping programs preferred
Saalfeld Griggs has all the employee perks of a large firm with the individual attention and value of a small business. We highly value our clients and our service to them. The goal of the firm is to learn about each client’s business, understand their needs and goals, and efficiently develop a practical and cost-effective legal strategy. Although our workplace is fast-paced, our focus is always on the quality of work we put out to our clients. We have also recently opened an office location in Bend to provide support to our growing client network.
Our Real Estate & Land Use group serves clients with drafting and negotiating commercial and real estate transactional documents, resolving real estate disputes, obtaining land use entitlements, and handling appeals before local and state administrative and adjudicative bodies.
What we provide:
- Paid time off
- Competitive benefits package (Health, dental, vision, disability, life)
- Free parking
Enjoy lunchtime walks around the Capitol building, Willamette University, or one of the many nearby parks. Take a break and head to Starbucks across the street or visit any of the downtown restaurants just a five-minute walk away. Within our own building, we make sure our break rooms are always stocked with snacks, coffee, tea, and soda. Our team looks for any reason to celebrate with a party or social hour, whether it be the Holiday season or a random day of the week. We love to provide lunches for the firm once a month, and we are full defenders of casual Fridays.
Please consider joining our team by submitting a resume and a cover letter detailing your interest and/or experience in legal assistant or paralegal work to Human Resources at email@example.com. See www.sglaw.com for more information about our firm.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 per hour