Saalfeld Griggs is looking to hire a full-time Human Resource Assistant to join our firm. You will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s human resource department. Our ideal candidate is organized, motivated, and can communicate well with others in the firm.
In this role, you will:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Answer frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Provide clerical support to the Firm Administrator
- Handle new hiring by posting jobs, screening candidates, and initial staff interviews.
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
- Act as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Assist with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Conduct or assist with new hire orientation.
- Conduct training sessions, as needed.
- Coordinate annual review meetings for staff and attorneys.
- Assist with opening new client matters.
- Work closely with Firm Administrator on other projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management and other computer applications.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in related field required.
- Prior related office experience preferred.
Saalfeld Griggs has all the employee perks of a large firm with the individual attention and value of a small business. We highly value our clients and our service to them. The goal of the firm is to learn about each client’s business, understand their needs and goals, and efficiently develop a practical and cost-effective legal strategy. Although our workplace is fast-paced, our focus is always on the quality of work we put out to our clients.
What we provide:
- Paid time off
- Competitive benefits package (Health, dental, vision, disability, life)
- Remote work is a possibility
- Referral program
- Free parking
Enjoy lunchtime walks around the Capitol building, Willamette University, or one of the many nearby parks. Take a break and head to Starbucks across the street or visit any of the downtown restaurants just a five-minute walk away. Within our own building, we make sure our break rooms are always stocked with snacks, coffee, tea, and soda. Our team looks for any reason to celebrate with a party or social hour, whether it be the Holiday season or a random day of the week. We love to provide lunches for the firm once a month, and we are full defenders of casual Fridays.
Please consider joining our team by submitting a resume and a cover letter detailing your interest and experience in human resource work to John Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org. See www.sglaw.com for more information about our firm.